Your Guideline for Getting Wristbands to the 2012 MMVAs :
• MMVAs wristband giveaway starts at 6 pm ET on Friday, June 8 during New.Music.Live. at MuchMusic, located at 299 Queen St. West, Toronto at the corner of Queen and John St. For maximum safety and enjoyment, we ask that the wristband line up starts no sooner than Tuesday, June 5 at 7 a.m. ET. Anyone who comes down before that date and time will be asked to return later.
• You must be at least 14 years old as of Sunday, June 17 to get wristbands. Not 14 in a month. Not 14 on June 18.
• You must have photo ID with you to get a wristband. School photo ID with your birth certificate, license, photo health card, TTC card or passport (actual or photocopied) is fine. We basically need any photo ID, but if it's school ID/TTC card, we need your birth certificate too. If you have a clear photocopy of your birth certificate or passport, you can bring that instead of the real thing!
• One wristband per person. You cannot get one for your friend who couldn't make it, even if she is the biggest Justin Bieber fan in the world. If you get a wristband we will put it on you and you MUST keep it on until the MMVAs on June 17.
• Wristbands are free. We cannot be bribed. If we could, I'd be writing this from a yacht in Tahiti.
• If you do not get a wristband you can still totally watch the MMVAs from the street on June 17! And yes, you can still totally see the stages! There are no age limits for watching from the street. We lurve er'body.
• We will be giving some wristbands away through contests. Keep checking the MMVA 2012 site for updates on contests!
How many wristbands are you giving out? Sorry, we can't release that number.
I can't make it to MuchMusic on June 8. How can I get wristbands? Keep checking the MMVA 2012 site to find out about contests for winning wristbands.
If I wear the wristband for 9 days before the MMVAs, won't it fall off? Nope, it's durable.
Is it safe for me/my kids to line up over night? Our security staff will be monitoring the line-up at all times.
How will I know where the line-up starts at MuchMusic? You'll know once you get there, we promise.
What if I don't get a wristband on June 8 and don't win one? You can still watch the MMVAs from the street. You can also line up to be part of the red carpet, and hopefully get an autograph from your favourite celeb.
When can I begin lining up for a wristband? For maximum safety and enjoyment, we ask that the wristband line up starts no sooner than Tuesday, June 5 at 7 a.m. ET. Anyone who comes down before that date and time will be asked to return later.